Wednesday, September 24, 2008

october holiday looms

Hey everyone. I know it has been a long time since I blogged. The problem is that not a whole lot has been going on. We've been having a lot of fun getting to know the new foreigners in town and of course we've had a blast reconnecting with the returning foreigners. October holiday is coming soon. Megan and I are going to Beijing. We will get to see the Great Wall, the Forbidden City and all other such wonders in China's capital. After a few days in Beijing, we'll be headed down to Qingdao, the beautiful city by the sea. It's the city that hosted many of the 2008 Olympic open water events. I am confident that upon our return I will have plenty to blog about.

I've been listening to a lot of lectures recently on apologetics and the logical idea of a Creator. Its been some really interesting stuff. I've also recently read two fantastic C.S. Lewis books, The Great Divorce and The Problem of Pain. I would recommend both of them as well as the lecture on the latter by Peter Kreeft.

Our work here is going really well. Classes are under way and we are getting reconnected with our students. We have met some really interesting and interested people in the community so we really count ourselves blessed by that. Ok that is all for this post. Hopefully I'll post again soon and upload some photos to Picasa.

John

No comments: