Saturday, September 6, 2008

once upon a craw fish

So I did something kind of interesting last night. We went to a little outdoor restaurant beside the river that runs through our town and ate craw fish. We got gloves and everything. The craw fish were actually very good, but it was a lot of work to get the meat out. I think I got hungrier from working so much. We also had bbq fish. It was pretty good too. That's really about it for this blog entry.

Oh I read an article yesterday by Michael Medved. I won't go into great detail, but the article was about how the New Deal lengthened and deepened the Great Depression. It article was fascinating and it documented how throughout the course of American history, depressions and recessions have been dealt with most effectively by reducing government spending and lowering taxes. With all the media flurry about the ongoing campaign and who is changing things and who is pregnant and who has what kind of experience and who is too old and who is too young, it's nice to read an article about plain old conservative principles. If you would like the link to the article, drop me an email.

John

No comments: